INGREDIENTS (2 PORTIONS)
1/2 leek, sliced
1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1/2 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
1/2 cm thick slice ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 x 400g tin tomatoes
2 tbsp coconut milk
1/2 x 400g jar haricot beans (or chickpeas/ cannellini beans), drained
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 handful fresh basil
serve with 120 g wholegrains (rice, pasta or bread)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Heat a large pan on a medium heat with a generous dash of olive oil. Add the leeks, celery, garlic, chilli and ginger and a pinch of salt and some pepper, then turn the heat down and cook for 10 minutes, until the veg is soft.
3. Next, add the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk and beans and simmer for a couple of minutes, then take off the heat. Check the seasoning, and add a little more salt and pepper if needed.
4. Pour the contents of the pan into a large oven proof dish.
5. Scatter over the fresh tomatoes, followed by the basil. Drizzle generously with olive oil and pop it into the oven for 30 minutes, until the tomatoes have shrunk.
6. Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.