INGREDIENTS (2 PORTIONS)
150g carrots, whole
2/3rds block halloumi, cut into 5mm slices (or 200g firm tofu)
1/2 red onion, cut into eighths
a handful of lemon thyme
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp olive oil
200g cannellini beans (1/2 tin), drained
25g walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tbsp honey
½ lemon, zest and juice
½ tsp sea salt
2 large wholegrain flatbreads
vegan alternative requires: 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C fan/gas 6.
2. Tip the carrots, halloumi and red onion into a roasting tin large enough to hold everything in one layer, then mix through the lemon thyme, cumin and olive oil. Transfer to the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, until the halloumi is golden brown and the carrots are just cooked through.
3. While the halloumi and carrots are in the oven, mix the beans, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, honey, lemon zest and juice and salt and set aside.
4. Stir the beans and rocket through the roasted carrots and halloumi then serve with yogurt and flatbreads alongside
1. We suggest using tofu instead of the halloumi. For this recipe, cut the tofu into 2cm cubes, and add to a bowl with the soy sauce, cornstarch and oil. Marinate for 30 mins.
2. When ready to cook, tip the tofu onto the tray with the carrots and red onion. add the lemon thyme, cumin and olive oil as above and roast for 30-40 minutes.