INGREDIENTS (2 PORTIONS)
For the filling:
generous knob of butter
150ml creme fraiche
25g grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan, gruyere, goat cheese etc)
For the pancakes:
1 medium egg
55g plain flour
Preheat oven to 210oC
For the filling:
1. Melt the butter on a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Toss the mushrooms in the butter to evenly cook.
3. Once cooked (after a few minutes) add the spinach and stir around with the mushrooms and let it wilt. This should take 2-3 minutes.
4. Then add the creme fraiche and stir well. Allow the mixture to bubble for 2-3 minutes until the acidity in the creme fraiche cooks out and the mixture thickens a little. Taste and season as required.
5. Then remove from the heat ready for your pancakes.
For the pancake:
1. In a deep bowl or jug add the flour and make a well. Add the eggs and using a balloon whisk the mixture together.
2. Then whilst continuing whisking, slowly add the milk. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Grab a frying pan onto a high heat and allow it to heat through. Brush the pan using the kitchen roll lightly with oil.
4. Slowly pour the mixture into the pan, turning the pan so it thinly covers the base.
5. After about 30 seconds, get a spatula underneath and start releasing it. Turn it over and cook for the same amount of time on the other side. (If the pancake breaks it does not matter, keep using it!).
1. Place the first pancake into a deep dish, and add some filling then roll. Repeat for the others until the dish is full or you run out of pancakes.
2. Add the remainder of the filling on top, then finish with the cheese of your choice.
3. Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or so, until the cheese has browned, and the mixture is bubbling